Gayle 215 off 146 balls World Record HD Video
Highlights Gayle 215 of 146 balls.
Chris Gayle’s remarkable innings of 215 off 146 balls against Zimbabwe in an ODI match is indeed a historic achievement. Here’s a summary of the key highlights from his record-breaking performance:
- Gayle scored 215 runs in just 146 balls, making it the highest score in ICC Cricket World Cup history.
- He hit an astonishing 16 sixes and 10 fours during his innings.
- Gayle’s partnership with Marlon Samuels was worth a staggering 372 runs, making it the highest partnership for any wicket in ODIs.
- This century marked Gayle’s 22nd hundred in ODIs and came after a gap of two years since his last century in 2011.
- During this innings, Gayle equaled the record for hitting the most sixes in an ODI match, joining AB de Villiers and Rohit Sharma in this elite club.
- Gayle’s innings also set a new record for the highest score in ODIs by a West Indian batsman, surpassing Vivian Richards’ 180+.
- The 372-run partnership between Gayle and Samuels is the highest partnership for any wicket in ODI history, breaking the previous record held by Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly.
- Chris Gayle now has the second-highest number of sixes in ODI history, second only to Shahid Afridi.
- This double century (215) is the fifth double hundred in ODI history and the first in the Cricket World Cup. Gayle joins an exclusive club that includes Rohit Sharma (twice), Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, and now himself.
This incredible innings by Chris Gayle showcased his power-hitting prowess and set numerous records in ODI cricket. It remains one of the most iconic performances in the history of the ICC Cricket World Cup. If you want to watch the highlights of this extraordinary innings, you can find the video online.